Women’s Health Physiotherapy near Upper Ferntree Gully
Dandenong Ranges Physio offer Physiotherapy services, specifically targeting areas of women’s health. We proudly offer care to Upper Ferntree Gully and the surrounding communities.
Jen Vardy is our Women’s Health physiotherapist, with over twenty experience as a physiotherapist and many of those years in women’s health physiotherapy. Jen consults weekly seeing patients with a wide range of women’s health physical issues.
What women’s health conditions can we help with?
Just some of the Women’s Health conditions Dandenong Ranges Physio are able to help with include:
- Pelvic organ prolapse (POP) assessment & management, including pessary fittings.
- Pre and post natal physiotherapy
- Clinical Pilates
- Pelvic Girdle Pain (SIJ and pubic symphysis pain during pregnancy)
- Back, pelvic, coccyx or neck pain, in particular during or after pregnancy.
- DRAM (Diastasis of the Rectus Abdominal Muscles – abdominal muscle separation) and abdominal / core muscle weakness postpartum
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Bladder and bowel incontinence
- Birth Position classes
- Pre and post natal pilates classes
- Chronic pelvic pain
What treatment can I expect from my Women’s health Physiotherapist?
Good conservative management from a Women’s Health physiotherapist includes:
- Lifestyle advice: appropriate exercise program, diet & weight loss
- Symptom Management: education on diet, dyspareunia & defecation
- Pelvic floor muscle retraining
What can I expect at my consultation?
Initial consultations are 40min in length and include a full subjective history taking, as well as a physical assessment and outline of treatment plan. No referral is required, just a willingness to improve.
Please call our reception on 9751 0400 to book your appointment with Jen at our Olinda clinic.